One of the most popular and preferred destinations of tourists, Jaipur literally means the city of victory. Dotted with various royal attractions, the Pink City of India , Jaipur invites you for Jaipur tour. When you will travel in Jaipur as a part of tours to Rajasthan, you will have a brilliant opportunity to face to face world known Rajasthani culture in the form of its various heritage attractions, such as magnificent forts, elegant palaces, and museum. Jaipur offers a mesmerizing invitation for Jaipur tours. The Pink City of India, Jaipur plays a vital role in the boom of tourism in Rajasthan, India. In fact, entire Jaipur is itself a major attraction of Rajasthan Tourism.
Pink City Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan, India and popularly described as the Pink City of India because of the most of the buildings in the old city are painted in Pink Color. Soaked in shades of pallid pink and rosy flush, the city of Jaipur retains its old charm at the same time the city is moving fast as a modern city of India. While you will travel in Jaipur you can see extreme contrast on the streets of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. On one side you have luxury cars, buses, and motor bikes, on the other side you can see camel carts. Truly Jaipur tour is a mesmerizing and rewarding experience.
Built by a great ruler and astronomer Maharaja Jai Singh II in 1727 AD as a well-planned city, the city of Jaipur is, presently, one of the hottest tourism spots in the world. Pink City Jaipur is capable to captivate its visitors with its various attractions. The fantastic forts, elegant palaces, striking havelis, and majestic walls built around the city still speak volumes about the bygone legacy of Jaipur. Read more about attractions of Jaipur on this Jaipur City Guide article.
Major Attractions in Jaipur
- » Old City (Pink city) : It was during the reign of Maharaja Ram Singh that the city was painted pink and has been like that sincethen. The old city has a number of gates and is partially encircled by walls. The major landmark in this town is Iswart Minar Swarga Sal, near the Tripoli Gate, which over looks the city.
- » City Palace Complex : The imposing City Palace Complex is an excellent example ofRajput and Mughal architecture. The palace complex houses many breathtaking structures within its complex including Diwan-e-Khas, Diwan-e-Aam, Moon Palace and Welcome Palace. One can also visit a rich museum within the Welcome Palace (Mubark Mahal). The Museum houses a rich collection of weapons, Mughal & Rajasthani miniatures, rare manuscripts and Mughal carpets and costumes. Don's miss to visit the elegant City Palace during your traveling in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- » Hawa Mahal (The Palace of winds) : Hawa Mahal or the “Palace on Winds” is the one Hawa Mahal Jaipur, Jaipur Tour Packagesof the most outstanding monuments in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. The Hawa Mahal is really a worth visiting attractions of Rajasthan, India. This strange, having 593 finely screened windows, was built for royal women of Jaipur to watch the processions of the city on the road without being come out or seen. Don't miss to visit the Hawa Mahal while you are traveling the city of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- » Jantar Mantar : Jantar Mantar is next to city Palace. Jantar Mantar of Jaipur is just one of the observatories constructed by Maharaja Jai Singh, who had a passion for astronomy. He used to send scholars abroad to study foreign observatories so that he could construct the same. Jaipur observatory is the largest of the observatories constructed by him. Don't miss to visit and observe the observatory - Jantar Mantar during Jaipur tour.
This Museum is in Albert hall in the Ram Nivas public gardens. They have exhibits like tribal ware, yogis in various positions, decorative arts, costumes and drawings.
- » Amber Fort : Built in red sandstone and white marble, Amber Fort is situated atop a hill at the distance of 11 km from the Jaipur city. It is one of the most important tourist attractions of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. Perhaps your tours to Jaipur will be incomplete without a visit to the splendid Amber Fort. You can enjoy an elephant ride from the bottom of the hill to the Amber Fort and feel royal experience. The fort is an excellent example of Rajput and Mughal architecture. One can enjoy a breathtaking view of surrounding areas from the fort complex. Don't forget to pay a visit to Amber Fort while you are in traveling in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- » Ram Niwas Bagh : Ram Niwas Bagh was built by Sawai Ram Singh II in 1868 AD. It houses a well-preserved large garden with a zoo, a herbarium, a greenhouse, an aviary, a museum and a sport ground. Don't miss to a visit to Ram Niwas Bagh during your tours to Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- » Other Attractions : Apart from above mentioned attractions of Jaipur, Jaipur tour has much more to offer its visitors. Some other attractions of tours to Jaipur are Modern Art Gallery, Juneja Art Gallery, Jal Mahal Palace, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort, Amber Fort & Palace, Birla Temple ( Laxmi Narayan Temple), Vidhyadhar Garden and Birla Planetarium. Shopping in Jaipur is also worth enjoying.